Please read the terms and conditions carefully before accessing the service or using the service of the website
This Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (herein referred to as Agreement) describes the terms and conditions that are applicable to your use of Texila Medicare that is www.texilamedicare.com. This Agreement has been entered between you, the User of this website (herein referred to as User or Patient based on the context), and Texila Medicare – a division of Texila American University Consortium.
- Texila Medicare is a company that is engaged in the business of running a web-based health care information centre. It refers the inbound tourists interested/ willing/ desirous of getting economical medical treatment in India for the ailments they suffer from. Apart from this we provide web-based information certified by the specialists/ doctors from the scheduled hospitals to the patient based on their queries.
- The Patient or the User of any service of Texila Medicare who is desirous of receiving medical treatment in during his/her stay in India is bound by the terms and conditions specified below.
- This Agreement envisages Texila Medicare answering the web based medical queries raised by the Patient/User and referring such a patient intending to avail medial service at the Scheduled Hospital(s) in India.
- By accessing or using the services of our website, the User signifies the acceptance and acknowledges the terms and conditions set forth. They also agree to the changes made in the terms and conditions made from time to time.
- The website reserves the right to modify/revise the terms and conditions at any point of time without any prior notice. Any User who uses the website after any such change, automatically accepts the revised/ modified terms and conditions. Hence, the User is advised to go through the terms and conditions regularly.
- The User agrees not to use the services of this website if he/she is unable to form legally bonding contracts, is less than 18 years of age or indefinitely suspended from this website.
- The User is solely responsible for any activity that occurs through their email id. The User/ Patient warrants that all information provided by the User is true, current and complete. If any information submitted by the User/ Patient is found to be false, misleading, deceptive or incomplete this website reserves the right to discontinue the service and/or terminate this Agreement immediately.
- The User agrees to use the information on this website, the information provided by its affiliate, consultant and contracted companies for lawful purposes only. The User agrees not to misuse any information or violate any laws, third party rights or Texila Medicare policies. International Users agree to comply to all local laws regarding online conduct.
- This website reserves rights to refuse service to anyone for any reason or at any time.
- Patient Referral and Payment Procedure
- Texila Medicare shall assimilate details of the medical history/health details of the patients to be referred for treatment to the said Hospital(s) supported by a report authenticated by the patient’s Doctor.
b. This report/details shall be forwarded by the patient to Texila Medicare at least 10 days prior to his/her arrival in India so that the same can be forwarded to the Hospital to enable the hospital to ensure verification of the same by the Doctor in charge of treating the patient and send its observations/comments, if any, to the patient/Texila Medicare within 3 working days of receipt of the report along with the cost estimate for the treatment required by the patient.
c. The receiving of reports/medical history/health details from the patient in advance is a condition precedent in the cases where the patient has already planned to receive treatment in India, but in Ambulatory cases this is not a condition precedent.
d. The patient will pay the entire cost of treatment in advance to the Hospital against receipt of the same issued by the Hospital, before the start of the treatment or as and when asked by the Hospital Authorities to deposit. Payment of treatment cost is a matter exclusively between the Patient and the Hospital and this Website is not involved in the matter and hence disclaims any liability arising out of the payment of treatment cost.
e. In all cases, the patient will bear the costs of pre-treatment initial tests, which are mandatory to be carried out before the start of actual treatment, besides the cost of actual treatment.
f. The patient will be liable to pay the escalated costs (if any) i.e. the difference in the estimated cost and the actual cost of treatment as applicable at the time of undergoing the said treatment.
g. Further the patient shall pay for the extra-treatment, cross-referrals as desired by him or if so advised by the Doctor in Charge of the specific patient, whose decision shall be final and binding upon the patient.
- Mandates and Obligations of Texila Medicare
- Texila Medicare shall receive the query regarding ailment suffered by the patient desirous of receiving treatment in India and forward the same to the Specialist Doctor at the hospital for his comments/suggestion coupled with the certificate of authenticity and revert back the same to the patient within 72 hours of the receipt of the said query.
b. Texila Medicare shall assimilate from the patient his/her complete medical history/reports/health records coupled with the authentication by the Patient’s Doctor preparing the said medical history/report, at least 8 working days prior to the date of arrival of the patient in India, and shall revert to the patient explaining him/her the type of treatment that shall be extended by the said Hospital(s) along with the terms and tariff normally charged by the said Hospital(s) from time to time.
c. Before admission of the patient to said Hospital (s), the Scheduled Hospital (s) may ask for the commitment letter duly signed by the patient favoring the Scheduled Hospital (s), confirming that in the event of cross referral or additional diagnostic or treatment facility availed by the patient, the patient will pay the said Hospital (s) the expenses thereof before leaving the said Hospital in India. This matter is again an activity between the Patient and the Scheduled Hospital (s) and the Website or Texila Medicare has no role to play and hence expressly disclaim any liability.
d. In case the treatment extended to the patient is likely to go beyond the stipulated period of his stay in India, whereby making it necessary to get the extension of visa by the patient, in that event all the initial formalities i.e. filing of application as well as other relevant tasks ancillary to that shall be solely done by and shall be the responsibility of patient. However, Texila Medicare will assist the patient or his/her accompaniments in following the procedures and contacting the concerned Authorities, the costs of which shall be borne by the patient. The patient will pay to Texila Medicare the amount of service charge on account of assistance and other related service rendered.
e. Texila Medicare shall arrange for the desired quality hotel accommodations, conveyance and other facilities for the patient and his/her accompaniments subject to payment made by the patient or his/her accompaniments against the invoices so raised by Texila Medicare for such services rendered from time to time.
f. Texila Medicare shall refer the patients to the nearest Scheduled Hospital within India, in which state the patient is staying in India during his/her visit.
g. Texila Medicare shall not entertain those queries where the patient coming under Insurance plan.
- Obligations and Averments of the Patients
- The Patient shall forward to Texila Medicare his/her reports/medical history papers/complete health details coupled with the certificate of authentication of Doctor preparing/issuing such report/papers, 10 days prior to his/her visit to India.
b. Upon admission and Before the procedure in the Hospitals in India, the patient shall sign the commitment letter favoring the Scheduled Hospital(s), confirming that in the event of cross referral or additional diagnostic or treatment facility availed by the patient, the patient will pay the said Hospital(s) the expenses thereof before leaving the said Hospital in India. This time again this Website or Texila Medicare shall have no role to plat and the matter is between the Patient and the Scheduled Hospital.
c. The Patient shall pay the complete estimated cost of treatment in advance to the said Hospital(s) and undertakes further to pay the difference between the estimated cost and actual cost of treatment to the said Hospital(s), if the situation so warrants against the invoice/bill raised by the Hospital.
d. The Patient undertakes to clear all the pending bills towards cost of treatment carried out in India at the time of discharge from the Hospital.
e. In the event of patient, after commencement of treatment declining to continue or have the treatment for any reason not due to any fault of the said Hospital(s), the advance payment made by the patient to the hospital for such treatment shall be returned only after adjusting actual expenditure incurred up to the time of stopping the treatment.
f. The Patient undertakes that he/she and their accompaniment shall abide by all rules and regulations of the said Hospital(s) and do not infringe any laws of India during the period of treatment.
g. In the event of the patient availing services from Texila Medicare related to tour management and arranging for the facilities regarding hotel bookings, stay, conveyance. Ticketing and any other related facilities/services, the patient shall pay an advance amount of 50% of the total cost to Texila Medicare at the time of booking and remaining 50% at the time of his/her arrival in India against the invoice raised by Texila Medicare towards such services rendered.
- Charges to Texila Medicare
- Texila Medicare shall be entitled to receive from the patient charges related towards the tour management and other facilities relating to hotel bookings, stay, and conveyance. Ticketing and any other related facilities/services.
- Texila Medicare is also entitled to receive service charges on account of rendering assistance to the patient or his/her accompaniment in getting extension of visa in the event of extended stay on account of receiving medical treatment.
- Exclusion of Liability
- Texila Medicare or the said Hospital (s) shall not be liable for death of patient despite proper treatment.
- Improper response to the treatment by the patient, which would entail sending him back to their hometown.
- Texila Medicare or the said Hospital (s) shall not be liable for any complication that may arise during treatment resulting in death, permanent/temporary disablement of the patient for which proper care was taken by the said Hospital(s) Doctors in the normal course.
- Texila Medicare shall not be bound by any act or omission, which is done beyond the scope of this Agreement by the Patient or his/her accompaniment.
This Agreement shall be terminated at after 30 days of the date the patient has entered into the Agreement. However, in case of a breach of the terms of this Agreement or any violation of prevailing laws by the Patient would automatically entitle the Website/Texila Medicare to terminate the Agreement instantly, without any notice.
- Relationship Status
The relationship/status that Texila Medicare and Patient share with each other is only that of referring the patient to the Scheduled Hospital(s) along with their queries, medical history/records/complete health record of the said patient(s) who are desirous of getting treated in India and except this there is no other relation between the parties except the one intended within the parameters of this agreement.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The provisions of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian law. The rights and obligations of the Parties under, or any and all disputes arising out of this` Agreement, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located at the city of New Delhi, India. The User/Patient gives consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Delhi, India.
- List of Documents
1. A hard copy of visa
2. Four passport size colour photographs (4 cm x 4 cm with white background, ears distinctly visible, no spectacles and caps)
3. Letter of Consent/Undertaking: Texila Medicare shall not be responsible for death of patient despite proper treatment
4. Proof of Residence i.e. copies of electric bill/telephone bill & rental agreement
5. Confirmed return air tickets with the original and photocopy of the traveler’s passport
6. Official letter from the local hospital or doctor or a certificate from the same after examining the patient’s condition stating the requirement for the applicant’s treatment in India and its availability in India
7. Official letter from the concerned hospital in India mentioning the name of the patient and his/her medical attendant. The approximate cost of the medical treatment should also be mailed to the Embassy by the hospital authorities
8. If the patient is on Medical Aid
a. A confirmation from the Medical Aid Society about the admissibility of the patient for medical treatment is required
b. A guarantee from the same is required for the treatment expenses and proof of fund transfer to India
9. Latest bank statement certified by the bank should bear the patient’s full name and address which would proof that the patient has sufficient funds to go for the medical trip
10. If the applicant submits another person’s bank statement, then an affidavit of the person sponsoring the medical trip is required along with a copy of the photo ID /passport having the ink-signed signature of the sponsor
11. Proof of relationship between the patient and his/her medical attendant
a. A separate letter consisting of all the details of previous visits to India along with the duration of stay is to be submitted
12. If the third party sponsors the medical trip for the applicant, then an affidavit of the person along with the copy of his/her photo id card/passport bearing the ink-signed signature of the sponsor and his/her attested bank statement should be enclosed with the form
a.The affidavit should bear the relation between the sponsor and the patient and the reason for sponsoring
b.The sponsor should take all the responsibilities for the departure, arrival and stay in India of the patient on his/her medical trip
c. A third party will not be allowed to sponsor in the case of treatment for terminal illness
13. If the applicant is admitted in the hospital, medical certificate to that effect, bearing photo of the applicant attested by the Doctor
14. All medical documents and diagnostic test reports